MBA 5003 – Assessment 3 Supply chain Group Report – Weightage 40% Guidelines
Are you looking for MBA 5003 Managing Logistics and Technology Assignment? Students will organise themselves in small groups to investigate the supply chain of a real-life business organisation (preferably a multinational organisation or a large scale enterprise) and propose recommendations to optimise the supply chain management and operations using a high level IS with a particular focus on feasibility and implementation (practical success).
You must prepare and present a report,
- Discussing the possible improvements and their practical implementation focusing on the supply chain activity of the chosen enterprise.
- Furthermore, try and define key terms and concepts drawing on key logistics and supply chain management strategies that are influenced by a variety of business contexts.
- Apply logistics and supply chain management strategies to assist functional areas.
- Understand and be able to research the impact that IS has on organisations and the consequent changes that have occurred to the role of business managers.
Also, remember to be analytical within your report and examine key terms and theoretical relationships in depth. The Business Report should be written in appropriate business language so that your analysis and discussion have an objective tone. Your writing should be clear and concise and be in your own words. Use headings to guide the reader and include tables or diagrams that make the case clearer.
In the workplace, reports are often required to as a formal account of a situation. They are produced after consideration of all relevant factors and analysis using relevant concepts in the field. The recommendations and their implementation are then based on this analysis, using business language appropriate to the audience. In the academic context, reports similarly require research and analysis to demonstrate your learning and ability to apply course concepts and theories leading to feasible recommendations.
STRUCTURE THE REPORT for MBA 5003 Managing Logistics and Technology
- Executive summary
- Table of Contents
- Reasons for selecting the company
- Current situation including internal and external analysis
- Supply chain strategies
- Supply chain policy
- Management method
- Issues identified
- Using Information Systems (IS)
- Recommendations for Supply Chain Improvement
- Reference List
Assignment Assessment Criteria in MBA 5003 Managing Logistics and Technology
The following MBA 5003 assessment criteria apply to the assignment and should be read in conjunction with the Assessment Marking Sheet Pro-forma for this module. To achieve a pass in the module assignment students must satisfy the examiner against the following criteria:
An innovative approach to the generation of solutions. Contributes to the ongoing development of theory. Is feasible.
2. Critical Understanding and Analysis
Is objective and appropriate and makes relevant use of Operation and Supply Chain Management theory. Uses quantitative analysis where appropriate.
3. Evidenced Work
Substantive points made and issues raised are supported by evidence. Avoids unfounded generalisations.
Is logically structured and organised. Is acceptably presented.
Correct use of language. Correct referencing using the HBR system.